Sunday, February 28, 2010

Zambales Experience 1


Vacation at last. The first vacation I had for this year so I planned to go to a really special place. I spent endless hours googling my way around to look for a place worth visiting then it striked me. Why not to go Zambales?

I saw it once aired on a travelogue show and was amazed by its beauty. I packed by bags and prepared some things to bring and then went off to paradise.

Going to San Antonio, Zambales was really easy. Just go to the nearest Victory liner stataion and buy a ticket, just make sure that your bus will pass San Antonio, then just ride a tricycle to a small fishing village named Pundaquit. It took me about 4 hours from Manila to the resort so travelling is not that of a problem.

Upon reaching Pundaquit, finding a place to stay is not a really tough task. There are lots of places to go to, Jimz, Wild Rose, Canoe and Pundaquit Luxury, just to name a few. Well, if you will ask me, try to check out Pundaquit Luxury Resort. The name may sound luxurious (luxury - luxurious, get it?) but its not. The price is mattered just a mere hundreds. You will have a safe parking area and lots of sea to swim, ow did I mentioned that they are facing the sea? Well, try to look up their site, and give them a ring, look for Ms. Joy and they will give you 20% discount off peak (June - October). early reservation may land you as much as 10% slash the tag.

In front you will see two great isalnds. Capones and Camara Isalands. I can't forget how I admired the look of Camara, specialy the face at the end of it, ( south side) and it's little rock islet.

The sea infront of the resort is great. if your a surfer or a skim boarder, your in paradise. swimming this water is a bit difficult because of strong under current and its pretty deep ( about 3-4 feet away from the shore and its already chest deep).

Try to look for reasonable deals on island hopping. The current price is 1500 for a trip around Camara, Capones and Anawangin. I was able to make an arrangement with a local tour from a boatman for 2,700 pesos for a trip Camara, Capones and Anawangin (day 1) then to Nagsasa Cove (day 2). Try not to be fooled by some boatmans because they told me that some are not resident of Pundaquit and safety might be an issue. Try to look for the boat named DJ Juday driven by Kuya Rolly (this was the boat that I took, heheheh).

Food is not a big problem either. If you don't have a plan to spend the night to camp on one of these beaches, buying freshly caught fish is an easy alternative for you. I managed to buy differrnt fishes just for 150 pesos. Look for the variety that your accustomed to. Maya-maya was great, maybe you'll be lucky to see a small stone shark too. Then just bring it to small stores located along the shores for it to be grilled, of course for a price. Well, 50 pesos for grilling and another 50 for a pot of rice is not bad right?

Try to remember that your travelling the rough seas of Pundaquit. Some sites are telling that It will take you some time to go to Anawangin. It took me 20 minutes to that cove and about 30 minutes back to the resort. Going to Nagsasa is not that tiring too. It won't take you 2 hours ( they are saying this to justify the price, try to bargain ",)) but a mere 45 minutes and the view is breath taking. Rock formations , caves, clear blue sea are some of the view or sights that will surely entertain you on your wet journey. If your planning to bring a camera or other equipments, be sure to bring lots of plastics or a water tight container because the swells could go up to four feet. It really not that rough, my boatman told me. But its better to be sure, right?

Try to read more for detailed stories about my Pundaquit trip...",)

1 comment:

  1. hi, we're planning to go to zambales..can i have the contact number of your boatmen?? nkpaginquire na ako ng boat good for 10 pax, 4500 for two days..okay na ba yon? thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete